Travel with Project Success as we discover the world in which we live. Through a series of virtual events focusing on different locations around the globe, we celebrate what makes us each unique and highlight our shared humanity. We will pick either a Minneapolis Sister City country or a place that has a special connection to Project Success. Join us as we explore different stories, experiences and perspectives through the lenses of history, art, culture and global dialogue.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the Global Experiences Associate, Anne, at email@example.com or 612-876-3920.
Travel with us across the world as we make our next stop in Kenya! Minneapolis is a sister city to Eldoret, Kenya. As part of the second installation in our Global Connections program, we will voyage to the Maasai Mara National Reserve to attend a live safari. From there, we will stop in on the Ol Pejeta Conservancy to learn more about the plight of the northern white rhinos. We will close out our visit by enjoying a delicious Kenyan meal! If you are interested in these events, click on the titles below for more information. As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.
- Back by popular demand! Saturday, December 12 from 9-10:30 AM
- Start off your day by tuning in to these exciting, wildlife drives! This time, we will be focusing solely on South Africa since the safaris in Kenya have ended for the year. Students will have the chance to get their questions answered live by the naturalists and guides.
- For more information, click HERE!
Spots are limited, so register now!
- Saturday, December 19 from 10 AM – 12 PM
- Open to high school students from our partnering Project Success schools.
- We would like to invite our high school students to a unique cooking experience with Chef Raphael based out of Nairobi, Kenya. This will be a great opportunity to learn more about Kenyan cuisine through cooking Ugali, Sukuma Wiki and Githeri while getting to know fellow MPS students who share similar interests.
- For more information, click HERE!
Join us in preparing these vegetarian dishes and wow your family with your culinary abilities!
- Although this event has passed, we are working on updating the video to put on our Kenya subpage.
- Watch the video from this event to meet and learn about the last two northern white rhinos on the planet! Ol Pejeta Conservancy staff covered a range of topics including general information regarding this species, the topic of extinction, and their global conservation efforts.
We kicked off this series exploring and participating in various events throughout Mexico. We discovered the cultural, artistic, and natural history museums in Querétaro. We delved into a five-day festival featuring Mexican artists in the realms of theater, music, opera, and the arts, and closed out this session tuning in to the amazing percussion group, Tambuco. For more information on each event and to watch the past, recorded events, click HERE or on the event title.
- Noche de Museos – 9a Edición (Night at the Museums – 9th Edition)
This event has passed, but check out some of the recorded events!
- Tambuco (Part of the Library of Congress – Concert)
This event has passed, but check out the recorded concert!
Minneapolis Sister Cities
Minneapolis is currently a Sister City with 12 cities throughout the world. Stemming out of an initiative by President Dwight Eisenhower in the wake of WWII, this partnership aims to foster peace and understanding between global cities.
- Bosaso, Somalia
- Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Eldoret, Kenya
- Harbin, China
- Ibaraki City, Japan
- Kuopio, Finland
- Najaf, Iraq
- Novosibirsk, Russia
- Santiago, Chile
- Tours, France
- Uppsala, Sweden
- Winnipeg, Canada
Pen Pal Connections
Interested in learning more about the world around you? Want to correspond with students from all over the globe? Pen Pal Connections is a unique opportunity to foster ongoing dialogue and understanding among youth. During this 12-week correspondence, students will be asked to send three letters, emails, audio recordings, or videos and can expect to receive three correspondences. This will occur on an alternating basis every two weeks. All correspondences will be sent through Anne and a partner teacher at your pen pal’s school. We will then make sure you receive your correspondence.
In order to participate, all students will need to register using the link HERE or the button below. Upon registering, you will receive an email from us and we will start pairing you with a student of a similar age. Please reach out to Outdoor Adventures and Global Experiences Associate, Anne, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-876-3920 if you have additional questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Tour of Washington, D.C.
National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC)
The National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) is offering an online learning lab for individuals to engage with the material and collections at the museum while they are closed to the public. Explore:
Project Success & Howard University Admissions Chat
Recorded May 5, 2020
Howard University is located in Washington, D.C. It is a private historically black university that offers undergraduate, graduate, doctorate and professional programs. Howard University is known for being a research university, a leader in STEM, and of national standing in their social work, business and communication sciences and disorders programs.