The following are links to virtual exploration as well as a few ideas to maximize your joy in the outdoors!
- Midwest Mountaineering’s Outdoor Adventure Expo: Midwest Mountaineering’s Outdoor Adventure Expos feature presentations on outdoor related activities from winter biking in Minnesota to international travel and many adventures in between! Learn about slacklining in Minnesota, kayaking the Apostle Islands, how to plan your own BWCA trip or explore Machu Picchu, the Galapagos Islands, Costa Rica or the Everest Region in Nepal! Check out these virtual presentations from the 2021 Winter Outdoor Adventure Expo and 2021 Spring Outdoor Adventure Expo!
- Makoce Stories: Makoce Stories takes you around iconic Twin Cities’ locations and gives you a Native American perspective of the land that was before colonization. Hover over certain locations on their map and listen in on information that educates about the history and cultural significance of that respected site.
- Wilderness Inquiry: Our partners at Wilderness Inquiry have created some great online resources and opportunities for youth! Check out resources on Outdoor History and Culture, Environmental Science and Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation and Stewardship.
- Article by Nadia Mercado: I Said I Wasn’t Outdoorsy … But I Lied
- The Hidden World of the National Parks (from Google Arts & Culture): Follow rangers on a journey most people never go!
- The Science Museum of Minnesota: The Science Museum of Minnesota has reopened, but they are also keeping up their digital content including articles, videos, activities and other learning tools.
- Science Museum Eagle Cam
- 7 Ways to Rekindle Your Sense of Awe Outside—and Why (from REI’s blog): This article was written before the Covid-19 outbreak. It has some great ideas that we can try now while we are practicing social distancing and some ideas to save for later!
- Virtual Tours: Famous Landmarks and National Parks of Wyoming: Explore some of the most beautiful places in the state of Wyoming virtually!