We like sports and we don’t care who knows! What do you need to know about being a college athlete? What are the benefits and challenges? What does it look like to play intramural or club sports? Join Kyle and guest co-host Chase (alumni of Washburn, Division I basketball at University of Iowa) as they connect with Tylor Coley (FBC The North Coach, former Washburn girls’ basketball coach, and graduate of Grace College, NAIA Basketball), Morgan (alumni of Washburn, Division II soccer at Mankato) and Kenda (alumni of Washburn, intramural basketball at UW Milwaukee) about being a college athlete or playing club/intramural sports.
Resources for this Episode
- Explore Chase’s college University of Iowa and their athletics program.
- Explore Tylor’s college Grace College and their athletics program.
- Explore Kenda’s college UW Milwaukee and their intramural sports.
- Explore Morgan’s college MN State University, Mankato and their athletics program.
- Watch the Project Success Mankato admissions chat.
- Watch the Project Success Northwestern University College Athletics admissions chat.
- Visit the NAIA, National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (smaller 4-year colleges, described as equivalent to the NCAA Div II) webpage or their NAIA guide on being a college athlete.
- Visit the NCAA, National Collegiate Athletic Association (Schools for Division I, II, III athletics) webpage or view the 2022-2023 guide on being a college athlete.
Next Steps for this Episode
In this video clip, Kosey, Project Success Facilitator, discusses the difference between varsity, club, and intramural sports in college.
Below is a click-through chart to help discover what pathway (varsity, club, or intramural) may be the best fit for you!