What does it look like going to college and pursuing a STEM degree? What does it look like to have a career in a STEM field? Join Kyle as he connects with Bridgette R. Shannon, Ph.D. (3M Abrasive Systems Division), Peter Thao (alumni of Patrick Henry and Graduate of UMNTC in Information Technology) and Gina (12th grade student at South) about going to college and selecting a career in a STEM field.
Resources for this Episode
- 3M Careers website.
- Explore Bridgette’s college, University of Arkansas and Henderson State University.
- Explore Peter’s college, the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities College of Science & Engineering.
- Watch the Project Success UMNTC admissions chat.
- Watch the Project Success NDSU College of Engineering admissions chat.
- Check out the Institute and sign up for one of Project Success’s after school certificates in Coding.
- Visit the Science Museum of Minnesota.
- Explore PBS Twin Cities SciGirls Profiles.
- View the Types of Engineering PDF.
- View Sisters-N-Technology, an afterschool program that focuses on coding and STEM.
- View the Girls Who Code programs and clubs in Minneapolis.
- View the American Indian Science and Engineering Society website.
- View the Leading Hispanics in STEM association.
Next Steps for this Episode
In this video clip, Rachel, Project Success Facilitator, walks us through the scientific method to help think about what sort of STEM careers and majors might be right for us.