What are the different types of colleges and how do you pick the best fit for you? Private or Public? Two-year or Four-year? Community, University or Technical? Join Kyle as he connects with Mai Nhia Xiong-Chan (Vice President of Enrollment Management at Hamline University), Antoinette Harris (Admissions Representative at Normandale Community College), Corey Young (Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment at Hennepin Technical College) and Elsa (10th grade student at Southwest) to talk about some of the different types of college models that exist and the similarities and differences between them.
Resources for this Episode
- Explore the Hamline University website.
- Watch the Project Success Hamline admissions chat.
- Explore the Normandale Community College website.
- Watch the Normandale admissions chat.
- Explore the Hennepin Technical College website.
- Watch the Project Success HTC admissions chat.
- Article from U.S. News on the different types of College Degrees.
- Article from CollegeBoard on different Types of Colleges.
- Article from Fastweb on Factors to Consider.
Next Steps for this Episode
In this video clip, Micah, Project Success Facilitator, shares how we can determine what type of college is best suited for us in four different areas.