In pathways part 1 of 3, learn about taking an apprenticeship, going to college undecided, or starting a career directly after high school. How do you decide which pathway is the best fit for you and what if you are undecided? Join Kyle as he connects with Sarah Lechowich (Senior Director at Construction Careers Foundation), Amanda Yang (Senior Admission Counselor in the Office of Admissions at St. Thomas), Kit Keegan (Store Manager at Lunds and Byerly’s), and Gunxang (10th grade student at Patrick Henry) as they talk through how you can find out what you want to do after high school and the different pathways you can take.
Resources for this Episode
- Explore the Construction Careers website.
- Download the “Construction Trades” app to your phone through google play.
- Learn more about trades and manufacturing careers at Trades Hub.
- Explore opportunities at the Apprenticeships MN website.
- View the University of St. Thomas website.
- Watch the Project Success St. Thomas admissions chat.
- Jobs and Wages infographic from MN Department of Higher Education.
- Check out careers at Lunds & Byerly’s.
- View the Employment Outlook for careers in MN.
- Explore career options at Learn How to Become.
- In St. Paul at the Hubert H. Humphrey Job Corps Center, their at-no-cost program teaches eligible young people skills they need to become employable in careers like manufacturing, construction, finance, healthcare, hospitality, and transportation.
- In Minneapolis at Summit Academy OIC, their program assists individuals in developing their ability in programs in construction, information technology, and medical admin assistant.
- View other Career support and job search sites like Takoda, Hired, Capi, Indeed, MN Career Plan, MN Job Search Guide, and Career Force MN.
Next Steps for this Episode
In this video clip, Kosey, Project Success Facilitator, shares advice and examples of college alternatives.
Click the button below to use a form that will prompt you questions to explore as you decide which pathway is the best fit for what you need. After you submit the form, you will get an email response with your answers. Take some time to evaluate your answers and what pathway they might lean you towards.