- Find Your School
- Theater Experiences
College and Career Tours
- College Tours
- Admission Chats
- College Connect & College Success Workshops
College Conversations Podcast
- Episode 1: Decision Making
- Episode 2: First-Generation Scholars
- Episode 3: Self Advocacy
- Episode 4: Community and Campus Support
- Episode 5: Financial Aid
- Episode 6: Which College Type Is For Me?
- Episode 7: STEM College & Career Exploration
- Episode 8: Business Degrees; Myths & Advice
- Episode 9: Being a College Athlete
- Episode 10: Pathways after High School, Part 1
- Episode 11: Pathways after High School, Part 2
- Episode 12: Pathways after High School, Part 3
- Episode 13: Why Choose an HBCU?
- Episode 14: Undocumented Students and College; Myths & Advice
- Episode 15: What is Summer Melt and How Do You Keep Cool?
- Episode 16: Connecting to Your Purpose
- Episode 17: Essay Writing; Tips and Tricks
- Episode 18: Paying for College and Other Money Conversations
- Episode 19: How Can I Navigate Stress?
- Episode 20: Can I Go to College If I’m a Parent/Pregnant?
- Episode 21: Navigating Healthcare Pathways
- Other Community College and Career Resources
- Global Experiences
- PS Institute
- Anwatin Musical
- Marcy Musical
- Sanford Musical
- Northeast Musical
- And So I Did
- Outdoor Adventures
- Student Resources
- About Us
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Project Success Land Acknowledgment
- Program Components
- School Partnerships
- Adán Torres
- Adrienne Diercks
- Ah Lor
- Alana McQuirter
- Caitlin DeVos
- Chase Coley
- Emily Heagle
- Emily Vang
- James Rone
- Jazz Castañeda
- Josh McHenry
- Jenny Batten
- Katie Langemo
- Kaylee Fandre
- Khary Jackson
- Kyle Munshower
- Laura Garcia
- Linnea Fahnestock
- Liz Bedard Halberg
- Madilynn Garcia
- Marc Bromaghim-Oropeza
- Marta Fraboni
- Matt Dreier
- Matt Kriske
- Micah Peterson-Brandt
- Miranda Gruber
- Nabil Shuna
- Noah Branch
- Olivia Soholt
- Rachel Linnemann
- Ryan Weldon
- Sabrina Patlan
- Stacy Shealey
- Taliah Howze El
- Board of Directors
- Annual Report
Project Success is where students connect to their purpose. This September, Project Success launched a new Institute to offer career exploration and certificate programs in coding, financial literacy, cooking/wellness and film. They also expanded into four new Minneapolis Public Middle Schools broadening reach from 14,000 to over 15,500 6th – 12th grade students.
But not all students have access to the types of experiences Project Success offers that will help them grow and reach their dreams. And not everyone understands the impact of other types of educational opportunities, from goal setting skill workshops and career tours to professional theater experiences to visits to historical museums such as the National Museum of African American History and Culture. That’s why Project Success is working to close what it calls, the Exposure Gap.
We commissioned The Harris Poll to get a better understanding of whether there is a disconnect on what types of learning experiences will lead to future career success for students and what Americans feel students need more of to succeed in life.
Below are the topline results of our findings with The Harris Poll and methodology.
What We Uncovered
- Only 23% of Americans believe a college degree is absolutely essential for students seeking career success
- Only 28% of college graduates felt that a college degree was absolutely essential
- 21% believe STEM education is absolutely essential
- 37% of Americans believe soft skills are absolutely essential
- 36% of Americans believe job preparation is absolutely essential
This survey was conducted online within the United States by The Harris Poll on behalf of Project Success from July 30 – August 1, 2019 among 2,015 U.S. adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables and subgroup sample sizes, please contact Marta Fraboni, Director of External Relations at Project Success at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and full poll results, please contact Marta Fraboni, Director of External Relations at Project Success at email@example.com.