- Find Your School
- Theater Experiences
College and Career Tours
- College Tours
- Admission Chats
- College Connect & College Success Workshops
College Conversations Podcast
- Episode 1: Decision Making
- Episode 2: First-Generation Scholars
- Episode 3: Self Advocacy
- Episode 4: Community and Campus Support
- Episode 5: Financial Aid
- Episode 6: Which College Type Is For Me?
- Episode 7: STEM College & Career Exploration
- Episode 8: Business Degrees; Myths & Advice
- Episode 9: Being a College Athlete
- Episode 10: Pathways after High School, Part 1
- Episode 11: Pathways after High School, Part 2
- Episode 12: Pathways after High School, Part 3
- Episode 13: Why Choose an HBCU?
- Episode 14: Undocumented Students and College; Myths & Advice
- Episode 15: What is Summer Melt and How Do You Keep Cool?
- Episode 16: Connecting to Your Purpose
- Episode 17: Essay Writing; Tips and Tricks
- Episode 18: Paying for College and Other Money Conversations
- Episode 19: How Can I Navigate Stress?
- Episode 20: Can I Go to College If I’m a Parent/Pregnant?
- Episode 21: Navigating Healthcare Pathways
- Other Community College and Career Resources
- Global Experiences
- PS Institute
- Anwatin Musical
- Marcy Musical
- Sanford Musical
- Northeast Musical
- And So I Did
- Outdoor Adventures
- About Us
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Project Success Land Acknowledgment
- Program Components
- School Partnerships
- Adán Torres
- Adrienne Diercks
- Ah Lor
- Alana McQuirter
- Caitlin DeVos
- Chase Coley
- Emily Heagle
- Emily Vang
- James Rone
- Jazz Castañeda
- Josh McHenry
- Jenny Batten
- Katie Langemo
- Kaylee Fandre
- Khary Jackson
- Kyle Munshower
- Laura Garcia
- Linnea Fahnestock
- Liz Bedard Halberg
- Madilynn Garcia
- Marc Bromaghim-Oropeza
- Marta Fraboni
- Matt Dreier
- Matt Kriske
- Micah Peterson-Brandt
- Miranda Gruber
- Nabil Shuna
- Noah Branch
- Olivia Soholt
- Rachel Linnemann
- Ryan Weldon
- Sabrina Patlan
- Stacy Shealey
- Taliah Howze El
- Board of Directors
- Annual Report
Laura has been passionate about youth development and the magic of theater since high school. Curiosity around the idea that adolescence is a time when young people distance themselves from their former identity in search for a new one led Laura to work with young people by using theater as the way to have conversations, see a new world, discuss choices of characters, begin to develop the tools necessary for success. After graduating from the University of Colorado Boulder with a BFA in Theater Performance and a minor in Ethnic Studies, she moved to Minnesota to work at CLIMB Theater. After two touring seasons, she begin her path with Project Success where she was a facilitator for 6 years. Now as Director of Programs, Laura uses the community minded teaching philosophies of Paolo Freire, Augusto Boal, W.E.B DuBois, and more…
Recently I have really enjoyed going back to my Latin divas like Mercedes Sosa and Lila Downs.
If you had to pick a theme song that would play every time you entered the room, what would it be?
Eye of the Tiger
A book I would recommend is Breakfast with Buddha.
I love so many movies…my friends say there are hardly any I don’t like. Life is Beautiful.
I love corn anything!
“From the challenge of chaos, wisdom.”
Favorite subjects in school:
Favorite theater experience:
I played a character that had multiple personalities. That was incredibly challenging!
Favorite Project SUCCESS workshop:
I seriously like all of them the same.
Your ultimate vacation destination:
Kayaking in the San Juan Islands
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
The power to heal wounds
The most influential person in your life/favorite teacher or mentor:
I can’t say I have one. I am lucky to meet and have many mentors along the way. My high school teachers had a huge impact on me.
What you wanted to be when you grew up:
I wanted to be a dancer, a singer, an actress, a marine biologist, an astronaut, a fire fighter, and the first woman president. I am sure there are a lot more….