We believe the key to success exists within each student if empowered to unlock it.
With 25 years of sustained data*, Project Success’ proven methodology inspires deeper engagement from students, increases academic performance and sets the stage for future success.
Through Project Success, students build and increase:
Goal setting and future planning skills
- 90% of students report that Project Success helps them set goals and create a plan for after graduation.
- 96% of teachers report that Project Success helps students set goals for the future.
- 96% of teachers report that Project Success helps students be more self-aware of their strengths.
- 80% of students report that Project Success “helped me to better understand myself.”
- 96% of teachers report that Project Success helps students be better problem solvers.
- 95% of teachers report that Project Success helps students be more knowledgeable about themselves as learners.
- 92% of teachers report that Project Success helps students be more engaged in school
- 88% of teachers report that Project Success helps student be more motivated to succeed in school.
Team building skills
- 80% of students report that Project Success “helped me to better understand classmates who have different perspectives and experiences.”
- 94% of teachers report that Project Success helps students work more collaboratively in groups.
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) has shown through national studies that evidence-based Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies are critically important for students’ academic achievement, the long-term success of all students in today’s economy, and in the future workforce.
Project Success’ proven methodology creates the social context needed for young adults’ development toward success, combining Time, Support and Access with program experiences offered through the Arts, Expeditions and Certificates.
PS’ goals for students are centered around these precise SEL domains, with clear objectives built into our published curriculum over the seven-year continuum a student participates in PS. We build each developmental experience offered to students using our curriculum objectives, inspiring students to dream big, ignite possibilities and grow into inspired individuals ready for success.
* Our program has been independently measured in three comprehensive evaluations, conducted by the University of Minnesota Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement (CAREI), demonstrating statistically significantly higher results for students of color and for students from school located in the neighborhoods with the greatest disparities.
**Based on analysis conducted by Mr. Moore of nine years of Project Success student participation data, linking student participation in Project Success activities to better in-school outcomes. In Mr. Moore’s view, academic indicators like grade point average, on-time graduation, and attendance are better proxies for persistence and grit than proficiency as measured on annual academic assessments.