Our Results 2014-15
Through a seven-year ecosystem of in-class and out-of-class time curriculum and programming, and seven years of developmental relationships with trained, caring youth development professionals, Project SUCCESS helps young people:
- DREAM: Discover motivation and inspiration and engage imagination to envision future possibilities
- PLAN: Identify and access future-focused support and practice quality future planning strategies.
- ACT: Take action towards and reflect on future goals and apply values, success and failures to future decisions
- 67% of all students who attend Project SUCCESS college tours are more likely to graduate on time than students who do not participate.
- *African American and Latino middle school students who participate in a Project SUCCESS-produced musical each year show a 20% average increase in GPA greater than those who do not participate.*
- 90% of teachers report that Project SUCCESS helps students to be more self-aware of their strengths, be better problem solvers, be more motivated to succeed in school, and set goals for the future.**
- When asked who “assisted them in future planning,” 88% of high school students rated Project SUCCESS ahead of friends, counselors and teachers and second only to parents or guardians.**
Project SUCCESS works. It helps support our efforts in closing the achievement gaps. We see statistically significant positive gains in on-time graduation rates, attendance and, most importantly, grade point average.Eric Moore, Director of Research, Evaluation and Assessment, Minneapolis Public Schools
*Analysis of Project SUCCESS participation data by Eric Moore, Director of Research, Evaluation and Assessment for Minneapolis Public Schools.
**As reported by independent, large-scale, comprehensive evaluations conducted by the University of Minnesota Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement (CAREI).
Evaluation reports available upon request.
Please click on the links in the left menu for details from our report. You can also download the report by clicking the button below.