I Come From Arizona
Students and families can choose from the following times:
- Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 5:00pm
- Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 7:00pm
- Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 7:00pm
Children's Theatre Company
2400 3rd Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
About the Show
Gabi Castillo, a bright, 14-year-old Mexican-American girl living on the South Side of Chicago, is accepted into a very different, elite high school. Through her Global Perspectives class, she learns secrets about her past and her parents, discovers her own inherited strength, and begins to understand what it means to take risks. In today’s world of immigration raids and Dreamers, fear and uncertainty, Gabi inspires a modern-day lesson in bravery, courage, and finding power in what seems like a powerless situation.
Children should be 8 years of age or older to attend this performance. Childcare will be provided for those under the age of 8. Please let us know if you need childcare when you make your reservation.
If you do not have access to a ride, call Project SUCCESS and we can provide transportation for you. Please let us know if you need a ride when you make your reservation. We will need at least 2 days’ notice to set up transportation.
or call Project SUCCESS at (612) 874-7710
Invited students can pick up tickets at the Project SUCCESS table in the lobby of the theater on the dates of the performances. Please arrive 20 minutes before the show to pick up your tickets. Each student/family may receive up to 4 FREE tickets.
Thank you to Project SUCCESS theater partner, Children's Theatre Company, for providing tickets to students at no cost.
- Gabi holds on to hope that her father will be able to return from his trip to Mexico. What is something that you have held hope for in your life?
- Sometimes friendship requires us to be honest when our friend has hurt or upset us. It's a way of standing up for ourselves. When is a time you've stood up for yourself with a friend?