Students and families can choose from the following times:
- Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 7:00pm
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 7:30pm
- Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 1:00pm
The Guthrie Theater
818 S 2nd St
Minneapolis, MN 55415
About the Show
Cyrano de Bergerac is the full package: he’s a poet, playwright and consummate swordsman. The only thing standing in the way of declaring his love for Roxane is his grotesquely large nose. When Roxane confides that she’s fallen for a handsome young cadet named Christian, Cyrano takes him under his wing, adds brains to his beauty, and through Christian expresses his own feelings to Roxane without her suspecting a thing. With wit, wordplay and rousing passion, Cyrano de Bergerac is a heroic comedy for the ages.
Children should be 14 years of age or older to attend this performance. Childcare will be provided for those under the age of 14. Please let us know if you need childcare when you make your reservation.
If you do not have access to a ride, call Project Success and we can provide transportation for you. Please let us know if you need a ride when you make your reservation. We will need at least 2 days’ notice to set up transportation.
or call Project Success at (612) 874-7710
This show is open to high school students.
Invited students can pick up tickets at the Project Success table in the lobby of the theater on the dates of the performances. Please arrive 20 minutes before the show to pick up your tickets. Each student/family may receive up to 4 FREE tickets.
Thank you to Project Success theater partner, Guthrie Theater, for providing tickets to students at no cost.
- In this play, we see characters behaving dishonestly because of their own insecurities. Do you see examples of this in today’s world? If so, how and why?
- Cyrano can be a metaphor for showing one’s most favorable qualities, while keeping the less favorable qualities hidden away. Why do you think someone would find that positive or negative? Are there ways in which we do this in our own lives?