- Find a Program
- School Info
- Livestream: Chim Lạc (Lost Bird)
- Livestream – Dastak: I Wish You Me
- Cirque du Soleil 60-minute special – Alegría, Kooza, KÀ
- CONTRA-TIEMPO: joyUS justUS
- Kevin Kling: Greatest Hits and Juicy Bits
- Online Arts (High School) – Twilight: Los Angeles
- Online Arts: American Sign Language (ASL) Theater
- Online Arts: Dance and Motion
- Online Arts: Black Violin
- Online Arts: SXSW Shorts – for High School students
- TTT Let's Sing!
- Sofía Viola: Music Is Medicine
- Online Arts: Into the Woods
- TOU SAIK LEE: Solidarity Process
- Theater Partners
College and Career Tours
- Admission Chats
- College Connect & College Success Workshops
College Conversations Podcast
- Episode 1: Decision Making
- Episode 2: First-Generation Scholars
- Episode 3: Self Advocacy
- Episode 4: Community and Campus Support
- Episode 5: Financial Aid
- Episode 6: Which College Type Is For Me?
- Episode 7: STEM College & Career Exploration
- Episode 8: Business Degrees; Myths & Advice
- Episode 9: Being a College Athlete
- Episode 10: Pathways after High School, Part 1
- Episode 11: Pathways after High School, Part 2
- Episode 12: Pathways after High School, Part 3
- Episode 13: Why Choose an HBCU?
- Episode 14: Undocumented Students and College; Myths & Advice
- Episode 15: What is Summer Melt and How Do You Keep Cool?
- Episode 16: Connecting to Your Purpose
- Other Community College and Career Resources
- Global Experiences
- Anwatin Musical
- Marcy Musical
- Sanford Musical
- And So I Did
- Outdoor Adventures
- Student Resources
- George Floyd: A Message to our Students and Families
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Program Components
- Adrienne Diercks
- Alana McQuirter
- Amy Stubblefield Barthel
- Andy Lupinek
- Anne Skold
- April Foster
- Caitlin DeVos
- Chase Coley
- Chloë Cardinal
- Christopher Vang
- Emily Heagle
- Emily Vang
- Hana Sato
- James Rone
- Jazz Castañeda
- Jenny Batten
- Katie Langemo
- Ken Story
- Khary Jackson
- Kiah Christenson
- Kosey Mitchell
- Kyle Munshower
- Laura Garcia
- Linnea Fahnestock
- Liz Bedard Halberg
- Marc Bromaghim-Oropeza
- Marta Fraboni
- Matt Dreier
- Micael Bogar
- Micah Peterson-Brandt
- Rachel Linnemann
- Rose Yackley
- Roshni Desai
- Ryan Weldon
- Sam Kokkinos
- Savannah Bustillo
- Board of Directors
- Annual Report
This opportunity is recommended for high school and middle school students.
This performance can be viewed anytime.
About the Show
When Liên (Monique Bạch Hạc Nguyen) suddenly dies, her granddaughter Thi (Lady Midnight) is confronted with the shame of never fully knowing her, due to their language barrier. But Thi is given a second chance when a magical bird transports her back in time to Bến Tre, Viet Nam, where her grandma grew up.
This modern shadow puppet opera was written by Oanh Vu and was brought to life by the music of Charlie McCarron, the puppetry of Andrew Young and Oanh Vu, and puppeteers liping vong and Ty Chapman.
Visit the Performance Page
- How might this story feel different with shadow puppetry and music, rather than animation or live action?
- This imaginative story is about a real thing: the ways that younger and older generations can feel disconnected. In this case there is a language barrier, but in other cases it might be belief systems, physical distance, technological barriers, etc. How can we try to bridge these gaps while we still have the chance?
Children should be 11 years of age or older to view this performance.
This opportunity is made publicly available courtesy of MN Opera.