- Find a Program
- School Info
- Livestream: Animal Wisdom
- Livestream: Squonk Opera in Hand to Hand
- Livestream: Chim Lạc (Lost Bird)
- Livestream – Dastak: I Wish You Me
- Cirque du Soleil 60-minute special – Alegría, Kooza, KÀ
- CONTRA-TIEMPO: joyUS justUS
- Kevin Kling: Greatest Hits and Juicy Bits
- Online Arts (High School) – Twilight: Los Angeles
- Online Arts: American Sign Language (ASL) Theater
- Online Arts: Dance and Motion
- Online Arts: Black Violin
- Online Arts: SXSW Shorts – for High School students
- TTT Let's Sing!
- Sofía Viola: Music Is Medicine
- Online Arts: Into the Woods
- TOU SAIK LEE: Solidarity Process
- Theater Partners
College and Career Tours
- Admission Chats
- College Connect & College Success Workshops
College Conversations Podcast
- Episode 1: Decision Making
- Episode 2: First-Generation Scholars
- Episode 3: Self Advocacy
- Episode 4: Community and Campus Support
- Episode 5: Financial Aid
- Episode 6: Which College Type Is For Me?
- Episode 7: STEM College & Career Exploration
- Episode 8: Business Degrees; Myths & Advice
- Episode 9: Being a College Athlete
- Episode 10: Pathways after High School, Part 1
- Episode 11: Pathways after High School, Part 2
- Episode 12: Pathways after High School, Part 3
- Episode 13: Why Choose an HBCU?
- Episode 14: Undocumented Students and College; Myths & Advice
- Episode 15: What is Summer Melt and How Do You Keep Cool?
- Episode 16: Connecting to Your Purpose
- Other Community College and Career Resources
- Global Experiences
- Anwatin Musical
- Marcy Musical
- Sanford Musical
- And So I Did
- Outdoor Adventures
- Student Resources
- George Floyd: A Message to our Students and Families
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Program Components
- Adrienne Diercks
- Alana McQuirter
- Amy Stubblefield Barthel
- Andy Lupinek
- Anne Skold
- April Foster
- Caitlin DeVos
- Chase Coley
- Chloë Cardinal
- Christopher Vang
- Emily Heagle
- Emily Vang
- Hana Sato
- James Rone
- Jazz Castañeda
- Jenny Batten
- Katie Langemo
- Ken Story
- Khary Jackson
- Kiah Christenson
- Kosey Mitchell
- Kyle Munshower
- Laura Garcia
- Linnea Fahnestock
- Liz Bedard Halberg
- Marc Bromaghim-Oropeza
- Marta Fraboni
- Matt Dreier
- Micael Bogar
- Micah Peterson-Brandt
- Rachel Linnemann
- Rose Yackley
- Roshni Desai
- Ryan Weldon
- Sam Kokkinos
- Savannah Bustillo
- Board of Directors
- Annual Report
This opportunity is recommended for high school students.
This performance can be viewed anytime.
About the Show
Every August, for the last decade, Kevin Kling has collaborated with artists to produce an original work at Open Eye. Each year they delve into a new theme, whether it’s politics, myth, rebirth, loss, music, or ghosts. Shows have included “Come and Get it,” “Flight,” “Folks and Heroes,” “Politico,” “Humanimal,” “Joice, Rejoice,” “Hammer, Anvil, Stirrup,” and “The Thin Veil.”
This tenth anniversary, the group celebrates some of their favorite songs, poems, and stories. Since every story lives in its time and place, the early material now resonates in new ways.
Where are the cultural and political trajectories headed now? What were these shows saying, warning, and advising to a shifting generation? How have we changed in this new millennium? Excited to perform together again, the group brings back a memory or two with fresh eyes and open hearts.
Register With Us, Then We Will Email You the Link
- One of the things Kevin Kling says in the show is “Every hero’s journey begins at home.” Do you think this is intended to be a literal statement? What does it mean to you?
- At another point he says “Every good story is a love story.” Does this mean every good story is about the same kind of love? How might love show up differently in different stories?
Contains mature themes. Children should be 14 years of age or older to attend this performance.
This opportunity is offered courtesy of our Project Success theater partner, Open Eye Figure Theatre.