- Find Your School
- Theater Experiences
College and Career Tours
- College Tours
- Admission Chats
- College Connect & College Success Workshops
College Conversations Podcast
- Episode 1: Decision Making
- Episode 2: First-Generation Scholars
- Episode 3: Self Advocacy
- Episode 4: Community and Campus Support
- Episode 5: Financial Aid
- Episode 6: Which College Type Is For Me?
- Episode 7: STEM College & Career Exploration
- Episode 8: Business Degrees; Myths & Advice
- Episode 9: Being a College Athlete
- Episode 10: Pathways after High School, Part 1
- Episode 11: Pathways after High School, Part 2
- Episode 12: Pathways after High School, Part 3
- Episode 13: Why Choose an HBCU?
- Episode 14: Undocumented Students and College; Myths & Advice
- Episode 15: What is Summer Melt and How Do You Keep Cool?
- Episode 16: Connecting to Your Purpose
- Episode 17: Essay Writing; Tips and Tricks
- Episode 18: Paying for College and Other Money Conversations
- Episode 19: How Can I Navigate Stress?
- Episode 20: Can I Go to College If I’m a Parent/Pregnant?
- Episode 21: Navigating Healthcare Pathways
- Other Community College and Career Resources
- Global Experiences
- PS Institute
- Anwatin Musical
- Marcy Musical
- Sanford Musical
- Northeast Musical
- And So I Did
- Outdoor Adventures
- Student Resources
- About Us
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Project Success Land Acknowledgment
- Program Components
- School Partnerships
- Adán Torres
- Adrienne Diercks
- Ah Lor
- Alana McQuirter
- Caitlin DeVos
- Chase Coley
- Emily Heagle
- Emily Vang
- James Rone
- Jazz Castañeda
- Josh McHenry
- Jenny Batten
- Katie Langemo
- Kaylee Fandre
- Khary Jackson
- Kyle Munshower
- Laura Garcia
- Linnea Fahnestock
- Liz Bedard Halberg
- Madilynn Garcia
- Marc Bromaghim-Oropeza
- Marta Fraboni
- Matt Dreier
- Matt Kriske
- Micah Peterson-Brandt
- Miranda Gruber
- Nabil Shuna
- Noah Branch
- Olivia Soholt
- Rachel Linnemann
- Ryan Weldon
- Sabrina Patlan
- Stacy Shealey
- Taliah Howze El
- Board of Directors
- Annual Report
What do I need to know about paying for college in 2021? How do I sustain and balance work and school? How do I keep earning/finding that money?
Join Savannah and co-host PS Facilitator Hana as they connect with Daniel Matamoros (Associate Director of Financial Aid at Loyola University Chicago), Kevin Ario (Managing Director of Investment Management at Wells Fargo), and Ryan Deutsch (newly graduated Washburn High School and PS alum) to talk through what “paying for college” means for students in 2021, what are some of the important financial terms and ideas you should know going in, and ways to plan your finances in and outside of college.
Resources for this Episode
Want a visual breakdown of how people in the US pay for college in 2019? Click here!
View a timeline for the financial aid process to get to college here!
Explore the concept of “financial literacy” with BestPrep’s Financial Literacy vidoes.
Play Time for Payback — a game that helps you play through what paying for college can look like
Use the Make a Budget worksheet to start planning your own expenses!
View ILStudentMoney’s webinars on Tackling Taxes, Save Money on Food, Health Insurance, Investing Basics and Budget Hacks to learn more about other money conversations!
Click through this other resources for hands on banking for high school students
Try the Department of Education’s Loan Simulator to see what your federal aid can look like
Check out Daniel’s school, Loyola University Chicago
Want to learn more about subsidized versus unsubsidized loans? Start with this easy video here!