“We are all in this together. Every member of this community is interconnected. All children need someone(s) to CARE about them, to really SEE them, to sincerely LISTEN to them. That is what Project SUCCESS does every single day for 12,000 individual kids. AND Project SUCCESS has been doing so for over 20 years. It is important work. This is why we give.”Karla Ekdahl and Peter Hutchinson, Project SUCCESS board member and spouse
Project SUCCESS helps young people:
- DREAM: students are motivated and inspired — engaging their imaginations to envision the possibilities.
- PLAN: students practice quality future planning strategies and seek the support they need to create their plans.
- ACT: students apply what they have learned to take action on their goals, and reflect on their successes and failures to refine their plans.
Project SUCCESS helps support our efforts in closing the achievement gaps. We see statistically significant positive gains in on-time graduation rates, attendance and, most importantly, grade point average.Eric Moore, Chief of Accountability, Innovation and Research, Minneapolis Public Schools
AS A RESULT, young people are more likely to:
- Develop and take steps to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
- Broaden their access to resources and opportunities.
- Develop a stronger commitment to learning.
- Demonstrate more connections with family, teachers, peers, and their community.
- Demonstrate a better understanding of themselves in multiple contexts.
Project SUCCESS brings:
- 23 years of delivering our proven programming to students.
- Proven organizational success demonstrated through our sustainable, strategic growth.
- Proven program effectiveness shown through evaluation results.
- Unprecedented access to each student in every partnering school in their classrooms.
- Continuity in staff and service to students over time, up to seven years per child from 6th grade through 12th grade.
- The demand for program expansion with a waiting list of more than 25 schools.
- Long-term relationships with funding, theater, school, district, and community partners.
- Award-winning and visionary leadership.
More than 90% of Project SUCCESS' annual budget is funded by private, charitable contributions; more than a third of that comes from individuals. Your gift will help Project SUCCESS sustain and grow the great work we do with young people and their families, help us add more schools and change more lives. It is a sound investment with tremendous return on the quality of our community for years to come.