Do you want to support the mission of Project Success? Check out our volunteer opportunities to discover ways you can help!
Volunteer Drivers Needed!
Project Success promises all of its students the opportunity to attend Project Success programming, whether they have transportation or not. Volunteer drivers play a critical role in allowing us to fulfill this promise. We offer students free transportation to experiences such as professional theater experiences, college tours, outdoor learning experiences, and weekly certificate programs offered through the Project Success Institute. Volunteer drivers provide either one way or round trip transportation to students, depending on the event.
In addition to proving a ride, volunteers who drive students to professional theater events also get to enjoy watching theater performances with students and their families.
What shows could you attend with our students and families? Volunteer driving is our biggest need. Help families access these opportunities.
Volunteer Driver Qualifications & Skills
- A current driver’s license, adequate automobile insurance, and a vehicle
- Dependability, punctuality, and flexibility
- An enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Interest in providing students with opportunities to see professional theater, attend college tours, engage in experiential learning activities, and participate in workshops through the Project Success Institute
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
- Outdoor and Indoor Experiential Learning Activities Are you interested in engaging with students in an activity-based experiential way? Project Success has opportunities for students to spend time outside and participate in activities such as snowshoeing, orienteering, and crafting. We also give students the opportunity to learn about the sciences through our partnership with the Minnesota Science Museum.
- Project Success Institute Do you have skills and experience in the areas of computer coding, cooking, financial literacy, or the performing arts? Students have the opportunity to learn about these areas of interest by participating in certificate programs offered through the Project Success Institute. If you are interested in helping to engage and mentor students in these topics, we’d love to hear from you.
- Language Interpreter for College Tours Project Success takes high school students on free college tours throughout Minnesota and the surrounding area. In addition to needing volunteer drivers to assist with college tours, we occasionally have a need for language interpreters. Please let us know if you speak multiple languages and are interested in this opportunity!
- Office Work Our team of office work volunteers help us with large mailings and occasional data entry projects.
A Rewarding Experience:
“Being a volunteer for Project Success is one of the most satisfying volunteer opportunities for me. I like connecting with students during the drive to events and sitting with them. Sometimes it is just one or two students, sometimes it is a whole family. It has been interesting to meet students/families of various nationalities and cultures. We are all part of the Northside Minneapolis neighborhood, so it is good to meet the kids who will be tomorrow’s adults in my area. I try to bring a positive experience into their lives, sitting with me as an adult, having conversation, and sometimes seeing them dressing up for a special play or event. I have to say I have been quite by surprised by each and every student I have met. Every time I see them enjoy something ‘new’, and they open up, we have some wonderful conversations. They are as surprised by me as I am by them. Project Success is something special in ALL of our lives.” – Lynne Young, Volunteer Driver
Are you ready to sign up?
Please complete the online application! After Project Success receives your application materials, we will contact you to schedule a short interview session.
If you have any questions, please call Katie Langemo at 612.874.7710 or email KatieL@projectsuccess.org.